Friday, April 27, 2007

When something smells, it's usually the Butz.

The first post ran a little long so I'm starting a new one.

9:30am
I should really go get that McDonald's if I want to get there before breakfast ends. I'm not exactly sure when that happens, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Off I go--out into the world. Being out of the apartment is probably my best bet to staying awake anyway. I'm not too likely to fall asleep in the mall.


11:15am
The mall was a nice distraction. The place is eerily quiet on a weekday morning.
I'm beginning to turn a little absent-minded in my fatigued state. I walked right past the ATM on my way to McDonald's and was halfway through the line when I realized I forgot to pick up cash. Then, I left my card in the machine when I went back, walking a dozen steps before figuring out why I was still holding my wallet open.
Stopped at the arcade for awhile. Played more video games. I did horribly, but at least I can blame my lack of sleep.
Red bull #2. Eight and a half hours to go.


12:50pm
Starting to crash. Starting to crash pretty hard.
But only a little over 7 hours to go. Fritz was supposed to play poker with me on Xbox Live but his internet flaked out. I'm finding it hard to keep myself occupied at this point. I'm spending a lot of time pacing and sitting in my computer chair thinking of ways to waste time. I know I can't study in this state, so I'm not going to even bother trying.
I think I'm going to kill some zombies.
Might have to move on to coffee when I run out of red bull (which seems inevitable.)


2:10pm
Six more hours. The first 24 hours went by a lot quicker than the remaining 9 are. I also just discovered my initial math was flawed. I added 24 and 9 as 29. I'll actually be up for 33 hours if I make it to 8pm.
Vision is getting a little blurry. I'm gonna eat something, crack another red bull, and watch some TV.
Amusing how the days where I'm desperately searching for something to do are less productive than when I'm being lazy.


3:05pm
Am I losing a day? Or am I gaining a day? Over the course of two days, I only woke up once and am only going to bed once. At the same time, though, I'm up for 11 hours three times in that two-day period. That's cutting it pretty close to three days.
I suppose the fact that I'm barely functional nullifies any 'gain' I could possibly have.
I wonder if getting some real exercise would help me stay awake or just tire me out...


4:50pm
You know when you're so drunk that you feel completely sober, then when you stand up you stumble over your own feet and decide it's probably best you stay seated?
I wonder if the amount of sleep you need is determined by how fatigued you are. After being awake for a full day and a half, do you need two nights worth of sleep to make up for it? Is ten hours enough?
Not that I'm looking for an excuse to cut out early. I said I'd stay up until 8, so I'm staying up until 8. I've gone to sleep at 5pm before only to wake up at 11:30. No way in hell could I get back to sleep after that. It sucked.
Looking back at previous loggings, I barely remember going to the mall now. I don't know if I should be worried about that or not. Too tired to really care.


5:35pm
I'm out of caffeine. That should be alright, though. caffeine tends to last about three hours or so.
More street fighter. Seems to be fairly good at keeping me awake. I can't even watch TV anymore. Too passive.
Maybe I will go outside for a bit...


6:50pm
I decided to go rollerblading. I'm half falling asleep typing this, so it seems the only thing that can keep my awake at this point is moving around. Rollerblading probably wasn't the best choice, though. I swallowed a bug, almost passed out climbing the stairs to my apartment, and now I'm burning at probably a million degrees. Very uncomfortable.
Just over an hour to go.


8:00pm
Goodnight.

2 comments:

Alan said...

You made it! Woohoo!

(hope you have enough time tomorrow morning to study for a bit.)

And good ruck on the exammy thing!

Alex said...

I remember chatting over msn during this excursion. You certainly did seem out of it. Long day over I guess.