Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Hey, they might make an action figure out of you too, someday.

I've decided to start a podcast.

Now, I hear all of you saying "Why on earth would you do such a thing?" Well, boredom mostly. But there does exist a more profound reason (or should I say excuse) for spending my own free time blathering to a cheap radio shack microphone.

You may recall the recent Time Magazine article where they announced their pick for "person of the year": Me. Now of course they didn't call me by name, but I didn't see anybody else in the room when I read the article so I'm sure it was safe to assume.

Unless they meant to shout at my roommate in the kitchen, in which case I thoroughly apologise for this entire affair.

In the article, Time cited my various contributions to the latest fad: user-submitted content. This is—like weblogs, youtube, digg, flickr, and (god forbid) myspace—when a majority of what you see on any given interweb site comes from the readers or viewers, rather than some posh editor with a cigar and a bowler. Regrettably, however, I have personally done very little to support this bold new direction of the information supertube. Sure I dugg a few stories and gave feedback to a podcast or two, but I'm quite worried that I'm making those nice men (and women) at Time Magazine look foolish for not selecting someone with more influence. Instead of humbly suggesting that they do just that, I have decided to take up the challenge and make them proud (and hopefully, prevent the poor bastards from being fired.)

So this is my great contribution to the big dumptruck that is the internet. If I manage to interest just one person... well, that would be quite disappointing. Ten, or even a hundred people?

Now we're talking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fuck this goddamn bullshit, cocksuckers like you fuckheads could not tell a fucking podcast from a fucking hole in the fucking ground. Fuck you , your mother is a dirty shiteating whore who sucks satan's fat goddamn schlong. Speaking of schlongs you two dicks are wasting my shitfucking time and the time of others with this fucking shitty piece of shit fuckery. I hope you two douchebags eat shit and die, and not particulary in that very order. You get me you fucking pansy-waisted poofters!?!?!

Alex said...

Incredible, that the above poster managed to string this whole thing together. Clearly from the mind of a 13 year old who has nothing better to do than troll around with dicks on the mind. Furthermore, I don't recall seeing a picture of, nor any mention of anyone's mother.